president a former federal secretary and ExAmbassador. He was the
first Chairman of the National Commission for Literacy and Mass
Education.He has been an active participant in UNESCO conferences
held in Hamburg, Melbourne, Tokyo and Bangkok as also in the ICAE,
ASPBAE and Civicus World Assemblies.
PACADE supporters (during the last many years)
include TVO, ASPBAE, UNESCO, NFUAJ, Japanese Embassy, Infaq
Foundation, Unicef, Action Aid and many private donors.
He has been involved with environment education
and was invited by the World Bank (EDI) to contribute a country
paper on the subject and to participate in a number of workshops
in India and Nepal.
1. To work for a literate Pakistan
and for Education for All.
2. To popularize the concept and practice
of continuing education with a view to
upgrading Pakistan society and accelerating
1. To promote the cause of literacy and
EFA in Pakistan.
2. To focus on the spread of female literacy
especially in rural areas.
3. To bring about a change for the better
in the thinking and behavior of youth
and adult illiterates in Pakistan through
literacy, awareness raising, life
and income generation skills.
4. To undertake research, test methodologies
and prepare reading material.
5. To help Government implement EFA National
plan of Action and pursue the Dakar
goals and UNLD objectives.
6. To Network with NGOS with a view to sharing
experiences and strengthening their capacity.
7. To hold conferences, workshops and seminars
on EFA and continuing education.
8. To undertake programmes of publications
including Newsletters and Magazines.
9. Lobbying with the Govt. and International
10. To represent Pakistan nationally and
internationally (at ICAE, ASPABE,
CIVICUS, LANGOS and other international